[ale] mass email for school and school web site

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Jun 2 08:47:26 EDT 2009

I've heard good things about mailchimp from a few people.
I attended a presentation showing a Joomla extension that was pretty slick recently.

Joomla looks like a pretty good platform to use for content management and services because of all the extensions and support resources available.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> <dhhoward at comcast.net> 06/02/09 08:23 AM >>>

My daughter's school wants to send 700+ (up to 1000) email blasts to parents (school newsletter, etc.), and we may be looking at a new web site (and could integrate the email blasts into the web site, or just blast summaries and put the whole thing on the web site, e.g.). They've used Constant Contact, and another school uses Pommo . Any suggestions? I personally don't want to manage a server and would worry that Comcast might block it from my home, e.g.

Also, if anyone has done school web site development and would like to do some consulting with us, let me know off line. Thanks to the work of my colleague William Fragakis, my gold standard is the Morris Brandon web site.

Best, Daniel