[ale] OT: a question on cable connections

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 08:40:35 EDT 2009

Apparently, the magic trigger is calling to cancel your account. I tried
that. They asked if there was anything they could do. My response was:

"Yes. Get me a tech support guy who can troubleshoot line problems and is
willing to tell me what he is doing to solve the problem. Otherwise, cancel
the account."

They could see that a guy checked my line yesterday, but he didn't leave any
notes whatsoever. I explained how that isn't exactly troubleshooting. So,
today, they are promising a person will come and reprovision the line or do
whatever is needed to make the DSL connection stay up. The lesson is: Never
spend more than five minutes on the call center tech support crew. All they
know how to do is tell you to restart your modem. I'll let people know if I
actually have a stable connection by the end of the day.