[ale] OT: a question on cable connections

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 20:17:39 EDT 2009

I'm at the end of my rope on getting naked DSL to work from AT&T. So, I have
a question on cable connections: Is it best to hook up my cable modem to a
separate jack from my television? Or should I use the same jack and have a
splitter? If so, what kind of splitter? Where would I get it?

AT&T has been absolutely useless in solving the problems that arose since I
went to naked DSL. I have had two visits from technicians who looked in the
house and tried stuff, but nothing changed. They told me a taeh was coming
to check the box outside the house. They now say he came (I never saw him)
but nothing has changed at all. The connection drops every twenty minutes or
so.