[ale] using ipod touch or iphone with linux (yeah, OSeX!)

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Jun 1 14:57:22 EDT 2009

Well there is SLED (SUSE LInux Enterprise Desktop).

I don't use it, because in need all the stuff in openSUSE and I kind of know what to do with it, but SLED is pretty much out of the box functional for anything a noobie user would ever need to do.

http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/

The biggest problem with it is that it's an entirely commercial solution, which may not be an issue for a lot of folks.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> 6/1/2009 02:36 PM >>>

Maybe what is needed is a real desktop-user-only version of Ubuntu,
Fedora, etc. No development tools. No sudo.  GPG keys and a system
binary hash stored on repo servers for installed desktop users.