[ale] CentOS story

Brandon Checketts brandon at brandonchecketts.com
Thu Jul 30 17:41:01 EDT 2009

Chris Fowler wrote:
> I'm running 5.X extensively now.  I suspect maybe I should somehow
> download all updates to my server so that when I do a new install I can
> still update it.  I don't have faith the updates will continue.

I suspect the best path to take is going to be for CentOS to migrate everything
to a new domain name ASAP.   Lance can effectively hold 'centos.org' hostage as
long as he is the only one with control of it.

If he was the malicious type, he could probably do some real damage by pointing
the name elsewhere and then serving up bogus packages to unsuspecting yum users
(assuming he has a key with which to sign the packages)

This should be an interesting story.

Thanks,
Brandon Checketts