[ale] OT: windows socket connections

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:51:31 EDT 2009

I have problems with any number of socket connections to a windows
machine with a count greater than 0. It seem that when the socket
count is exactly 0 Windows seems to stay running longer without
problems.

Hmm. Google ads down the side are for "Inspirational Quotes",
"Reincarnate Yourself", Cut Electric Bill in Half", and "$49 Auto
Insurance". Maybe there's a connection...

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Geoffrey<lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with a large number of socket connections to
> a Windows box?  Concerns, complaints, experiences????
>
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
> temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
>  - Benjamin Franklin

James P. Kinney III