[ale] OT: Clear Wimax going live on June 16

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Jul 27 12:36:34 EDT 2009

Brian Pitts wrote:
> Omar Chanouha wrote:
>> So has anyone signed up? Any news on the modem working with linux? How
>> about driving around, is the connection solid?
>
> What I'd like to see is the results of these [0] tests [1] from someone
> connected to the Clear network. Allegedly they've discriminated against
> other VOIP providers in the past. You can read this and other complaints
> here. [2]
>
> [0] http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
> [1] http://www.eff.org/testyourisp/switzerland
> [2] http://clearwiresucks.com/blog/

I'm replying to this old post, because I'm confused two different
providers.  My references were to http://www.clear.com, whereas the
above references are with regard to http://www.clearwire.com.

Some confusion there, on my part, possibly on others.  The original post
references 'clear wimax' which is www.clear.com, whereas
clearwiresucks.com is in reference to www.clearwire.com.

I think...

--