[ale] Palimpsest Disk Utility

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 18:06:48 EDT 2009

On 07/23/2009 05:51 PM, Robert Coggins wrote:
> I hear of a lot of problems with the 500GB seagates.  Usually not good
> outcomes.  From what I understand is that seagate is quick to replace
> these drives.
>
> Rob

Are you referring to the Firmware causing the drives to lock-up and not
work anymore once powered off? I believe that was on the 7200.11 series
which has been resolved. I have the 7200.12 series and I can't seem to
find any negative feed back on them yet. It's a nice compact unit about
1/4 height, basically the height of a laptop HDD.