[ale] SSL wildcard Certificate Provider

adam prozaconstilts at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 18:43:19 EDT 2009

Chris Kleeschulte wrote:
> I use Digicert. I have been using them for over 2 years now with great
> success. It may be a bit more expensive that 200 per year for a
> wildcard cert. I can't remember the exact pricing, but they are really
> great with support and I highly recommend them.
>

> Chris Kleeschulte
>
> On Jul 16, 2009, at 10:29 AM, Mike Harrison wrote:
>> Anyone had a good experience lately?

second the digicert. You get a real person on the phone when you need them.

Plus, if you're security paranoid and want to spend the dough, their
wildcard plus cert allows you to generate unlimited *.domain.com certs
under different sets of pub/priv key pairs, rather than one single set,
making a compromise of a private cert in your domain not spell the total
end of your entire domain's TLS. Also, they provide the interface to
place Subject Alt Names into certs, so you don't have to worry about
them ignoring that X.509v3 extension, like most CAs regularly do.

Adam