[ale] SSL wildcard Certificate Provider

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Jul 16 13:29:27 EDT 2009

In the past, I've used rapidssl.com for a fairly easy, automated
bulletproof provider for SSL certs. That they sold a wildcard *.domain.com
for $200 a year was a good thing as well.

They seem to be DOA. The system's been almost working, but
I'm not getting the e-mail confirmation approval step.
And for 3 days now, I've been trying to reach support
via e-mail and phone.. No response.

So at least for now, I've given up.
Anyone got a reccomendation for an SSl certificate provider..
Preferably something that is automated or semi-automated?
Friendly for Apache2 SSL on Linux..
I've gotta get this done before I leave S. America Saturday AM.

My bandwidth is EXTREMELY limited.
I can barely pull up Verisgn.com.. sometimes.
And they don't do wildcards.. and their prices are outrageous.

Anyone had a good experience lately?