[ale] Not so evil empire

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Jul 15 12:19:27 EDT 2009

So how long does one have internet service during citywide power events
such as those caused by ice storms?

On of my reasons for not giving up my Awful Telephone and Telegraph line
is the knowledge that some events can both clog cellular service to the
point where you get "all circuits are busy" as well as stop power for
your internet phone.  The phone companies have generator trucks that go
around to where the batteries are to recharge them.  In North Carolina I
was once without power for 3-4 days but my landline worked through that
period of time.