[ale] Not so evil empire

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Wed Jul 15 11:49:19 EDT 2009

Brian wrote:

> I have Charter telephone. I've had no real problems. The only thing to
> keep in mind is that, unless you put the telephony modem on a UPS, you
> lose phone if you lose power.

I put my cable modem, my router, my VOIP box, and my cordless phone on UPS / battery backup.

It's nice to be able to surf and chat while waiting for the power to return. Not to mention check the weather and call family for those annoying tornado warnings that always seem to coincide with downed power lines (as long as the cable line doesn't go with it, that is!)

R~