[ale] Not so evil empire

Jim Moore mo9916 at numail.org
Wed Jul 15 09:39:19 EDT 2009

This was a timely post in that yesterday went looking at Best Buy for a
new cable modem.  Have been using a Linksys which keeps losing the
connection.  Oh well the thing's more than five years old and was a hand
me down from my brother in law.

So some questions:
The Motorola SB5101 lists speeds of 38M down and 30M up.  Pray tell what
kind of service gives those speeds?
Second question: I went to cable service when we recently moved and
could no longer get satellite TV (heavily wooded lot).  So did a bundle,
TV, internet and phone.  Opinions on cable phone service - good?, bad?
I guess any phone service is better than none.  Phone went out last Thur
afternoon and ATT service is scheduled to have it repaired by six this
afternoon.

Jim Moore