[ale] OT: VoterGA eVoting suit -- oral args on appeal before the GA Supreme Court

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Jul 14 18:45:14 EDT 2009

> using systems that are entirely incapable of producing the
> essential, untainted, voter verified, physical ballot
> evidence by which the citizens can publicly secure, audit
> and validate their election results.

That's a good summary, and makes the point clear.

While crude and slow, almost any citizen can manually count and verify
physical ballot evidence. It doesn't require "experts" with black box
obfuscation equipment that can manipulate the results intentionally or
accidentily.

I'm mostly worried about incompetence mixed with ill intentions,
a bad combination..  (Wow, Bob got 5 million to 1 votes for dog-catcher..
they sure must like Bob.. Hmm, there's only 700 people in this town..)