[ale] ldap user auth on a per machine basis?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:21:36 EDT 2009

I have a technical question about ldap. I may be misremembering but here
goes: Does ldap support per machine user authentication?

example: all system use files, ldap for user auth. Fred is allowed access to
machines in group A but not in group B. Fred does NOT have an entry in
/etc/passwd on group A machines. ldap is used to provide authentication for
Fred for machines in A but denies authentication for Fred on group B
machines.

It may be the Holy Grail of ldap I'm looking for....

James P. Kinney III