[ale] Microsoft tries to reverse Vista's Impact on the environment

Sean McNealy sean.mcnealy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 16:55:04 EDT 2009

This kind of logic reminds me of Circuits class, where someone asked,
"Can you power things with imaginary power?"  It's a funny question,
since it makes a lot more sense in your head when you're first
learning this stuff... until you ask it out loud.

The load is higher in your example, but only due to transmission loss
because you're drawing more current.  It's not like you multiply the
wattage by power factor to get the actual load.  Nobody has to
generate imaginary power.  It's just not real.

-Sean