[ale] Microsoft tries to reverse Vista's Impact on theenvironment

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Jul 8 15:48:39 EDT 2009

Would that be a-hole for short?

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of Jim
Kinney
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:19 PM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run Linux!
Subject: Re: [ale] Microsoft tries to reverse Vista's Impact on
theenvironment

The DRM stuff that dominates the Vista OS uses loads of cpu cycles to
encrypt and decrypt  stuff to keep people from being thievin' scum
bags and depriving the poor movie and music studios of their well
deserved monies. It has gone so far as to encrypt data en-route to the
HDMI-capable TV set so movies can't be copied using the "analog hole"
.

Many ideas have been suggested for ways to help Microsoft fill their
analog hole....

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Courtney
Thomas<courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Pardon my ignorance... but please elaborate on "they go so far as to
burn
> gratuitous cycles to encrypt and decrypt data going in and out RAM".
>
> Thank you,
>
> Courtney

James P. Kinney III