[ale] Anyone doing Oracle ASM with EMC PowerPath on RHEL5?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Jul 7 10:25:19 EDT 2009

Is anyone doing this?  If so are you doing it on raw devices, block
devices, LVM or what?

Here we have an existing ASM installation on raw devices but those are
deprecated so may not be in future versions of Linux.   From what I can
see EMC PowerPath aren't really an option for ASM unless you're doing
raw.

Please don't tell me about OCFS2 - I already know about it.  My question
is trying to find out if anyone is successfully using emcpower devices
in ASM in any way other than as raw devices.