[ale] Fedora 11 quirks

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 19:14:53 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Brian Pitts <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:

> Marc Ferguson wrote:
> >
> > I can't get VirtualBox compiled. I haven't looked at the error log yet
> > (been so tired and distracted with the kids).
>
> What version are you trying to install? I installed the Fedora 11 rpm
> for version 3.0.0 from here [0] and compiled the kernel module without
> any trouble.
>
> [0] http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
>
> --
> All the best,
> Brian Pitts

My mistake, about Virtualbox. I finally looked at the log and it couldn't
find my kernel. Which meant I needed to install "kernel-devel". It compiled
after that. :)

My only real issue is getting kmod-nvidia to work. It only happens when I
try to enable "nvidia" as my display driver. I reboot the machine and it
loses the signal to the monitor when x tries to start. I then have to reboot
(runlevel 3) and change xorg.conf back to "nv".

--
Marc F.

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"