[ale] jiffies & cat /proc & mysql - oh, my!

Chris Kleeschulte chris.kleeschulte at it.libertydistribution.com
Fri Jan 30 16:35:24 EST 2009

It is a definite quandary since most of the tools we rely on (top,
iostat, mpstat, sar, ps commands) rely on the software clock which
derives from jiffies. But, I would take a gander at this page:

http://www.makelinux.net/ldd3/chp-7-sect-1.shtml

There be a higher resolution ticker in the cpu itself that you can
leverage. Let us know what you find, I have never been down this
particular road before. Sort of interesting.

Chris