[ale] [OT] for the foodies

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Jan 30 14:27:08 EST 2009

That reminds me:  I was in a Chattanooga restaurant called Hennen's last
week and they have on their menu:

"Not responsible for steaks ordered well done".

It amused me because the lady I was with had worked at a French
restaurant in England.  When they bought steaks to feed staff they would
always give her the worst cut because they thought "well done" = "burnt"
and refused to "ruin good meat".   She said the way they cooked it for
themselves was basically just to sear each side briefly.