[ale] OT OT OT: music lyrics

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Jan 30 09:51:55 EST 2009

Robert Reese~ wrote:
>> No, but thanks for the effort.  I guess I should have noted that
>> when I said there were old fogies on the list, that the tune dates
>> from the late 60's to early 70's.
>
> I sorta skimmed and missed the Old Fogies remark... that shoulda been a clue.
>
> I can't find a single thing.  Where was it played?  And could it have been from
> the 80's?

I heard it last night at Rafferty's restaurant in Kennesaw.  I know it
was no earlier then the 70's.  Could possibly have been as early as the
early 60's.  I love the old 60s-70s tunes and every now and then I'll
hear one that I've not heard a long while and track it down to throw on
my 'istuff.'

It's driving me nuts, because I can usually find a tune via google by
typing a single partial lyric.  I've tried everything and not a hit.
Either I've completely mis-remembered the lyrics or it's a conspiracy...

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin