[ale] secure access to samba share

Robert A. Wicks rbrtwicks at aim.com
Tue Jan 27 21:37:15 EST 2009

I assume the laptop will be at different locations? In other words, you could not not set up iptables to only allow a specific IP address access? I think SSH would be the most secure way. Set up a putty session with a private key and forward port 445 from your remote machine to your local machine. You will have to have sharing disabled on the laptop so that port 445 is not already in use when you do your port forwarding.

Robert A. Wicks