[ale] Ubuntu help

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:39:42 EST 2009

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
<snipped>
> There used to be an advantage in aptitude in that it would pull
> Recommends: dependencies automatically.  However, apt-get now does this
> as well, unless you tell it --no-install-recommends.

nice.  i wasn't aware of that.  i've even found where the Aptitude-gtk
is gaining ground.  haven't used it yet, but if it works well i will try
swapping it out for Synaptic on a test machine.

Preston

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman’s perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/