[ale] Backups (What are you using?)

Brian Whigham oobx at itmonger.com
Mon Jan 26 22:21:38 EST 2009

We have a couple dozen servers on it.  It works pretty well.  We need to
upgrade.  We're still using stunnels, which add complexity.  But, we're
actually trying to consolidate backups to netbackup.  One thing we've
encountered is silent failures.  One host will hang up and cause all backups
to fail.  We don't get a failure email. It may be a misconfiguration on our
part, though.

For bacula, we backup directly to an HP MSL5000 with LTO2 tapes.

I admit it's saved me as recently as two weeks ago.  I've never heard
anything bad about it.

I think it should scale to your environment. And, the price is right :)

Brian