[ale] Removing Remote Printers in Ubuntu - Solved (well enough)

BBBB brad.list at thingbuilder.com
Mon Jan 26 16:05:57 EST 2009

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Mon January 26 2009, BBBB wrote:
>
>> I added my username with lppasswd but no joy even after logout and then
>> full restart.
>>
>> I am using the gnome gui. Is there something else I should be using?
>> I am not a master of the CLI but am willing to give it a go.
>>

> what do you see when you pull this web page up:
> http://localhost:631/printers/
>
> is this where you say the delete printer button is greyed out?

Thanks Paul. The http printer manager comes up but I can't delete remote
printers there either.

Several of the extra printers have now disappeared from the Gnome
Printer Configuration.
After some investigation, the remaining printers are just from drivers
still set up on the remote
computer. ( A Mac Powerbook in another office)
  The good news is that I can now print to that office. (new mac OS)
Couldn't before.

Thanks,
Bradley