[ale] Removing Remote Printers in Ubuntu

BBBB brad.list at thingbuilder.com
Mon Jan 26 14:48:47 EST 2009

Brian Pitts wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 12:46 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>
>> On Mon January 26 2009, BBBB wrote:
>>
>>> My Gnome, Printer configuration - localhost
>>> is littered with remote printers from days gone by.
>>> I can not figure out how to delete these printers. My delete button
>>> turns grey when I go into remote printers.
>>> I suspect I need root access? Google has failed me.
>>> Someone on this list knows the answer.
>>>
>> is your user in the lp system?
>>

> I'm not sure this is relevant in current Ubuntu. BBBB, are you in the
> lpadmin group?
>
> -Brian
>
> ______

It looks like I am in the group. Here is the result of:  sudo gedit
/etc/gnome-system-tools/users/profiles

[Unprivileged]
name=Unprivileged
name[es]=Usuario sin privilegios
shell=/bin/bash
home-prefix=/home
uid-min=1000
uid-max=6000

[Desktop]
name=Desktop user
name[es]=Usuario del escritorio
default=1
shell=/bin/bash
home-prefix=/home
uid-min=1000
uid-max=6000
groups=cdrom,floppy,dialout,tape,dip,adm,plugdev,fax,audio,scanner,fuse,lpadmin,video

[Administrator]
name=Administrator
name[es]=Administrador
shell=/bin/bash
home-prefix=/home
uid-min=1000
uid-max=6000
groups=cdrom,floppy,dialout,tape,dip,adm,plugdev,fax,audio,scanner,fuse,admin,lpadmin,video