[ale] Goodbye KDE 4!

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 14:22:37 EST 2009

My grandfather's machine used KDE 3 until recently. He died on
December 19, after which I decided to update his computer since
visiting family were using it. Along with the system update came KDE
4. Boy am I glad I didn't let KDE 4 get installed when he was still
using that machine. It was a radical change, and not for the better.
_I_ got so frustrated with it that I removed KDE and installed XFCE 4.

That seems to be the trend. Torvalds left KDE 4 for GNOME recently as well[1]:
"I used to be a KDE user. I thought KDE 4.0 was such a disaster I
switched to GNOME. I hate the fact that my right button doesn't do
what I want it to do. But the whole "break everything" model is
painful for users and they can choose to use something else."

[1] -- http://tinyurl.com/c35dnx

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/