[ale] Ext4 adoption anyone?

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Fri Jan 23 13:45:14 EST 2009

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> I see nothing on JFS; that could mean that there is nobody using that
>  filesystem or that it is virtually bug-free.  Don't know which.  I
> also see nothing for vfat, and 7 messages in 4 threads for btrfs,
> though that is probably because only a few people are attempting to
> use btrfs at this point.

Aren't most of the problems with XFS and JFS related to the Linux kernel
and not the filesystem itself?  What I mean is, I understand they are
both rock solid in their native environments.

> As far as FUSE filesystems go, I haven't used many.  But I do know
> that of the ones I have used (sshfs, WikipediaFS, NTFS-3G, and
> Captive NTFS) I have never had any problems with the FUSE driver
> itself.  In the case of sshfs, the only problem that I have ever had
> was with the remote host dropping the connection after a timeout,
> which is easily fixed by keeping the filesystem active or by just
> remounting the filesystem.

Make sure you have a "-o reconnect" on your sshfs command line.  My
afuse passes that in.  If your connection drops, it'll try to bring it
back up.

Pat