[ale] IDS: Host or Network Based

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:58:46 EST 2009

Samhain in client/server mode. Keeps security data on server and uses
encrypted data channel for access. Highly configurable and supports
growing log files (i.e. can detect log file tampering). Can also be
used for *NIX and blunders (with cygwin for POSIX layer).

It also has a semi-commercial aspect with a web gui that is quite
useful and can make pretty reports for those that need pretty reports.

2009/1/21 Brandon Colbert <colbert.brandon at gmail.com>:
> I am looking to deploy an IDS in our network. I wanted to see what everyone
> else is using: Open Source or Commercial.

James P. Kinney III