[ale] NAS suggestions

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:50:28 EST 2009

I need a solid NAS solution that'll give 3-5 TB without costing 50K.
I've been using
a CoRAID solution I really liked but when doing an "mkfs" on a drive
this morning
it threw a bad block.  As a result of dealing with the bad IO the NFS
effectively
stopped and the whole NAS basically stopped responding to NFS traffic which
killed my ESX servers.

I'd like to stay away from something requiring dedicated cables (Fibre
channel, etc)
if I can due to the overhead of replacing the existing gige NAS in place
right now.

Robert

--

:wq!