[ale] ATL Colocation and file server suggestions

Douglas Bridges dougbridges at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 11:13:31 EST 2009

Two (mostly unrelated) questions.  I am working on getting a startup going,
and I will eventually need a Colo spot in Atlanta to host some servers.
Obviously, I am price conscious (being in startup mode), but I will have
approximately 7 servers that I will need to initially host.  I will want a
connection of at least 10 Mbps.  I need somewhere that I will be able to get
regular physical access, as I will be getting data on hard drives and DVD's
from clients that I will need to transfer onto my servers.  I am going to be
in Northern Atlanta (Dunwoody), so anything closer to this area is
preferred.

On a related note, I am going to want to put together a file server for my
server farm, but I haven't dealt with larger file servers under Linux in a
long time.  I don't want to outlay the cash for a high end storage solution,
but I will want a server that can have several (~4) Terabytes of storage
available, which can be used by several Windows boxes.  The files will be
lots of smaller files that will have lots of reads and writes (but more
reads).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Doug