[ale] Hmm... Linux on Netbooks

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:26:06 EST 2009

Devnull wrote:
> Just thought you guys might like this...
>
> "Customers don't want Linux on those machines. Retailers don't want
> Linux on those machines," he said. "The fact that there's a Windows
> platform available has been a big reason that we've seen a lot of the
> retailers start to pick these products up and try to get them into
> mass distribution."
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28627170/

hmm, and here i thought that the reason people were buying more of these
netbooks was because they were finally being offered by places that only
sell MS products.

personally i am planning on buying the Acer Aspire One's XP edition.
this version has gained popularity with hardware hackers because of the
increased room for the hard drive.  after the changes i have in mind it
will be a linux machine.  unfortunately i won't be contributing to the
linux sales numbers unless they sell the same case in their linux version.