[ale] Ubuntu forums are hosed

Ken Ratliff forsaken at targaryen.us
Thu Jan 15 00:49:29 EST 2009

I'm actually quite amazed that they were getting decent performance
out of VB without using a mysql slave to do the SELECT queries on in
the first place. Wonder if they're using a 64-bit flavor for mysql on
the backend.

I do feel for them though, I've had to deal with rebuilding a VB
database after an ugly crash. For a popular site or one that's been
around for awhile, the database size is immense.