[ale] Thumb drive games

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Jan 14 00:15:32 EST 2009

I purchased an 8 gig thumbdrive to experiment with using one as a boot
disk for a new eeepc900? (I think I got that model right).

In any event, making a bootable thumb drive turned into an adveenture.
Just like typing on this eeepc is. I had noticed on some web sites that
some thumb drives are not suitable for use as boot disks, but not a word
about why. I think I know at least one reason - some person/idiot added an
emulated cdrom drive to the San Disk micro cruzer 8 Gig I was using, which
got seriously in the way of making a bootable disk.

Anybody else run into this kink of idiocy?