[ale] pc to TV converter

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Tue Jan 13 17:14:29 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 13:29 -0500, krwatson at cc.gatech.edu wrote:
> I need to connect a PC to an analog (NTSC) TV. I've done some searches and they seem to range from $39.00 to $100.00 dollars on the low end and $250.00 to $650.00 on the high end.

What kind of outputs does your PC have and what kind of inputs does your
TV have? E.G. if your PC has DVI and your TV takes HDMI buy a DVI to
HDMI adapter.

> Now that I can control my digital to analog converter box with a serial port this is the last piece I need for my MythTV DVR.

I was tempted to get a converter box and do something similar until I
found out that all the boxes eligible for the coupon downsample the HD
broadcast signal to SD.

-Brian