[ale] rehashed - Linux laptops

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Mon Jan 12 16:45:57 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Jim Lynch
<ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:
> Ed Cashin wrote:
>> It looks like gmane has the archives at least since 2003.
>> And there's search available---not super great search, but
>> search nonetheless.
> I'm just curious, what do you find lacking in the search?  The reason I
> asked is that it is using the Xapian search engine, which I find quite
> good and am interesting in why people don't like it.

To be honest, this is a very old opinion, and I would have trouble
justifying it.  Now that you mention it, I see there are "AND" and "OR"
options presented if I click "Searching" on the left instead of just
going to the group page.

I suppose perl or egrep-style regular expression searching would
be "super great".  Maybe that's impractical.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>