[ale] OT: top-posting - Further OT - Banks and Firefox

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 15:59:14 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:48 AM, tom <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net> wrote:

> I personaly wish that more web sites chose to be less featureful. Not all
> of us have sufficient bandwidth to access all the features, and I'm not
> speaking of just the internet bandwidth. Too much fizz and pop and flash
> and I cann't find stuff. And I have a somewhat limited link to the world
> also...

I couldn't agree with you more and I work for a few fizz pop and flash
websites (I don't have any control over such things). It does make it hard
to parse, visually and programmatically. It's especially hard on people that
are accessing the web from handhelds. I know some sites will redirect to a
mobile page in some cases, but I don't want to visit those pages from my
n800. One of the reasons I bought the thing was so I could view websites in
their native resolution (usually). I say let those who want it have their
nice eye candy, but atleast make it available in some text only format. I
really wish the web looked more like the Debian documentation, but that's
just me :)
-Steve