[ale] RDP Throwin' Cannot-Find-Host Error

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 14:24:22 EST 2009

Hi,

I installed XRDP yesterday on my home linux machine (Fedora 10 x86_64), but
I'm unable to connect to it on my work machine or any other Windows
machine.  I opened the RDP port 3389 on my Router.

What was really freaky was, I ran Windows XP, in VirtualBox and I was able
to connect, but it then threw an error about an Xsession already going.  So;
I thought I'll log out of my linux box and connect using my Windows laptop.
I was unable to even find the host.  I could ping my computer, but RDP
couldn't find my host.

At work, I connecting to my public ip address via
http://fergyville.dyndns.org but it's throwing the same cannot find host
error.  Any ideas where I'm going wrong?  Thanks.

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc F.