[ale] OT: Windows 2000 Windows 2003 server question

Ron Mellema rmellema at exithere.com
Thu Jan 8 14:59:33 EST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of Geoffrey
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 2:32 PM
To: ALE
Subject: [ale] OT: Windows 2000 Windows 2003 server question

A client I have has a Windows 2000 server and would like to migrate the
users to a new Windows 2003 server.  Anyone know of an easy way to get
the user ids from the 2000 server to the 2003 server?

I do not know the answer but from a business associate and in brief:
Build a 2003 server and join it to the 2000 domain
Make the 2003 a global catalog.
After all the domain data migrates remove the 2000 server and upgrade the
2003 to the 2003 schema.

If you have more questions feel free to contact me off list.

Ron Mellema