[ale] One for the language lawyers ...

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Jan 8 12:38:28 EST 2009

A little googling turned up this on the difference between __FUNCTION__
and __func__ (note: NOT "__funct__"):

Google had nothing on "__funct__". Basically, __func__ is effectively
an identifier for a statically-allocated char[] (created via compiler
magic whenever __func__ is used), whereas __FUNCTION__ is just a macro.
It appears that neither are currently part of the C++ standard, though
I'm very likely to be wrong -- didn't follow the links very far.

-- JK