[ale] Video software job postings (2)

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 10:28:28 EST 2009

Here are the two job openings we have in my new startup.  Let me know if
interested or feel free to forward to anyone you know who is looking for
something in Atlanta/GaTech area.  Current software that has been
developed is in Windows environment, but with me there now, we're open
to other options obviously :-)

Best, Daniel

Daniel Howard
CTO, VQLink, Inc.
daniel.howard at vqlink.com
404.625.1593

----

Video Applications Software Engineer
VQLink Inc. is a Georgia Institute of Technology based startup (backed
by NSF-SBIR funding), creating innovative solutions for video quality
monitoring and enhancement for the next generation of video distribution
networks. VQLink has developed patent pending algorithms for
automatically assessing the quality of networked video without the need
for comparing it with the original source. We are currently seeking a
Software Engineer who will play a pivotal role in developing products
incorporating VQLink algorithms. The selected candidate will be a highly
skilled and motivated individual who will be capable of working
collaboratively with our exceptional core team while making significant
individual contributions.
Minimum Qualifications:

1.	Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
2.	More than 5 years experience in software product development using C,
C++ on windows platform with the ability to write efficient
multi-threaded software.
3.	More than 2 years of experience in developing windows UI for software
products using windows UI technologies such as MFC.
4.	Experience in integrating third party software components in a
software product.
5.	Good problem solving and debugging skills.
6.	Overall ability to actively contribute to development and
implementation of new products.
Additional Qualifications for a preferred candidate include one or more
of the following:
1.	More than 2 years experience in developing web/dashboard applications
using technologies such as HTML/DHTML/Javascript/AJAX .
2.	More than 2 years experience working with database technologies such
as Oracle, Access mySQL, and sqlite, with good understanding of the
Structured Query Language (SQL).
3.	Good understanding of MPEG2, MPEG-4 and H.264 video bit-streams and
concepts.
In general, the successful candidate will:
1.	Perform solid independent work as well as collaborate effectively as
part of a team.
2.	Communicate successfully, both verbally and by detailed technical
documentation.
3.	Contribute to development of Intellectual Property.
4.	Adapt to changing priorities and evolving business needs in the company.
5.	Interface with technical and business teams within and outside of
VQLink.

----

Video- and Network Software Engineer
VQLink Inc. is a Georgia Institute of Technology based startup (backed
by NSF-SBIR funding), creating innovative solutions for video quality
monitoring and enhancement for the next generation of video distribution
networks. VQLink has developed patent pending algorithms for
automatically assessing the quality of networked video without the need
for comparing it with the original source. We are currently seeking a
Software Engineer who will play a pivotal role in developing products
incorporating VQLink algorithms. The selected candidate will be a highly
skilled and motivated individual who will be capable of working
collaboratively in our exceptional team while making significant
individual contributions.
Minimum Qualifications:

1.	Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
2.	At least 5 years experience in software product development using C,
C++ on the Windows platform with the ability to write efficient
multi-threaded, time sensitive and processor intensive software.
3.	At least 2 years experience in the development of networked products
with detailed understanding of TCP/IP protocols. Prior experience
developing HTTP based client-server software will be an added advantage.
4.	Experience in integrating third party software components in a
software product.
5.	Good problem solving and debugging skills.
6.	Overall ability to actively contribute to development and
implementation of new products.
Additional Qualifications for a preferred candidate include one or more
of the following:
1.	Good understanding of MPEG2, MPEG-4 and H.264 video bit-streams and
concepts. The ideal candidate will be able to understand, develop and
debug functions such as stream parsing, and rendering.
2.	More than 5 years experience in software development using C, C++,
and x86 based MMX and SSE environments. Ablity to design and develop
efficient video player software for playback under practical processing,
resource and memory constraints.
3.	Strong understanding of cable technologies such as DVB-IP.
4.	Expertise in porting of software to DSP based and other embedded
platforms.
5.	At least two years of experience in hands-on H.264/MPEG4 AVC video
codec technology research and development and its practical implementation.
In general, the successful candidate will:
1.	Perform solid independent work as well as collaborate effectively as
part of a team.
2.	Communicate successfully, both verbally and by detailed technical
documentation.
3.	Contribute to development of Intellectual Property.
4.	Adapt to changing priorities and evolving business needs in the company
5.	Interface well with both technical and business teams, within and
outside of VQlink.