[ale] Linksys router stopping ftp:// sites

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:34:25 EST 2009

Are you running the stock Linksys firmware? If yes, then there isn't
much you can do about it. It sounds like a problem with FTP and
connection tracking in the firewall. See [1] for more information. If
you are using a third party firmware (I use Tomato with no problems),
try upgrading to a newer version. Or if you just recently upgraded,
revert back to the previous version; there could be a bug in the new
version.

[1] -- http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html#COMPLEXPROTOCOLS

--
James Sumners