[ale] OT: top-posting

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Jan 7 14:17:06 EST 2009

On 01/07/2009 01:41 PM, Robert Reese~ wrote:
> I had to start because some people were too stupid or lazy to look
> beyond the first post; apparently they thought the extra text left in the
> message was just trash.  Mind boggling.

Hmmm, i wonder why top-posters would think that the vast majority of
every e-mail message was trash...  </sarcasm>

Some of us prefer to actually only send the bits that we think people
will need.  This is *not* un-filtered bottom-posting (which is just as
rude as top-posting).  It's simple common courtesy: if i want you to
read my message, i'm not going to make you guess what parts i want you
to read.    I'm only going to include the pieces that i actually want
you to read.

	--dkg