[ale] OT: top-posting

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 7 13:56:07 EST 2009

Contrary to what some believe, the internet is not the exclusive
property of the technically endowed. There are more of those "clueless
people" out there (by an order of magnitude, or more) than there are
techies and geeks. Whether each of us likes it or not, we are
outnumbered.

I quit worrying about top posting vs. bottom posting, especially since
it seems that 90% of the people who want to bottom post can't (or won't)
delete the superfluous duff, and then post an emoticon or a one word
response, etc., at the bottom of a 100 line email thread.

I spend 95% of my time on a computer dealing with people in a business
environment, and this is the ONLY mailing list that anyone bottom posts
on. I frankly am not going to waste my energy to change my whole thought
pattern and habit to post on one list. Sorry.

Dan