[ale] OT: top-posting

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Jan 7 12:49:02 EST 2009

I prefer top posting because I hate to scroll down through a message to find the response.
I read a lot of my email on my phone, and I usually don't read bottom posts there.
I really don't care what "the microsoft world" does.  This is my own preference, and I set my mail client to do it as the default.

The fact is, I almost never see bottom posts anywhere but on the ALE list.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner at water.com> 1/7/2009 12:07 PM >>>
I prefer to top post and see top posts.

Typically if I've been following the thread I really don't want to have
to scroll through what I've already seen to see the responses.

Also I'm too lazy to bother to scroll through to bottom to post just
because some people are annoyed by it.   It's a matter of opinion rather
than an absolute despite how some people would like to portray it.

For those who do bottom post or intermingle post I'll generally read it
the way they sent it.

As pointed out in a thread last year though NOT top posting has
sometimes undesirable side effects like making signatures look as if
they are the point of the post because they DO appear at the top.