[ale] OT: top-posting

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 12:13:11 EST 2009

<top-posting because, well, I can...>

I'm perfectly fine with top-posting as well as
interleaving...bottom-posting on a six-level-deep thread, though, is
just hostile.

The problem I perceive is that in those "deep thread" cases, you have to
ascertain where the last posting begins.

As for the sales rep, how he arrives at his preference is one of those
"unhealthy relationship with technology" cases.  IT companies are
neither governments nor gods.  It is the very kind of thinking that
drove me toward Free Software years ago and continues to motivate me in
that direction to this day.  I never became a Stallman-level zealot, but
I started out in an IT biosphere that, while not characterizable as
"free," at least wasn't bound and determined to push me around,
constrict me, paint me into corners, and give me progressively less and
less value for my dollar.