[ale] help, test a link-cdrtools

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Jan 7 11:42:16 EST 2009

On Wed January 7 2009, David Hamm wrote:
> Works for me on comcast too.
>
> Have you tried using wget?

well, I just got a reply from Atlantic Nexus. He was able to download that
file, as was another Ale member .. so the question becomes...
what is wrong..
ok, I just fired up my XP laptop and tried it. same results. SO, it isn't my
firewall, and it isn't my laptop, so it MUST be my Linksys router. OK, so I
found the.. answer?
I fired up my web browser, went to the admin page of the linksys router.
Security tab.

I disabled the Firewall	:SPI Firewall Protection: DISABLED
turned it off.

Went to the cdrtools website and... was able to download the file.
I didn't change any if the settings from default, and the check boxes are for:
Filter anonymous internet Requests
Filter IDENT ( port 113)

no check boxes for proxy, Java, ActiveX or cookies.

any clue as to what is happening here??

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800