[ale] Naked DSL from Bell South/AT&T

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Jan 7 10:03:07 EST 2009

Ken Ratliff wrote:
> Hrm, will they give commercial service to a residence? Between what
> I'm paying Comcast, and what it's costing me to colo a box outside,
> that might end up being cheaper, as long as they'd be willing to give
> up at least 3 IP's. I'm assuming they don't do port filtering for
> their commercial packages either.

1. Yes, they will give you commercial service to a residence.  Further,
I've been told you'll get faster response when/if your line is down.

2. From their business dsl website:

FastAccess Business Speed 384 and 768 options are only available with
the Static IP option and provide the option of a single Static IP
address or 5 Static IP addresses at no additional charge. You can order
more Static IP addresses up to a limit of 61 for additional monthly charges.

3. They do not do port filtering on their business dsl service.

Answers to #1 and #3 are based on conversations with AT&T, I do not have
any personal experience with either.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin