[ale] Results of my digital TV converter research

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Jan 6 13:49:48 EST 2009

You misunderstood the ability of Monopolies to ignore FCC and other
regulatory body regulations.

AT&T (SouthWestern Bell & BellSouth) and Verizon (BellAtlantic) weren't
supposed to be able to offer long distance without opening their lines
for local competition.  Despite that they did enough to prevent the
competition and yet started offering long distance.  Then the Bush
inJustice Department sold us all out further by allowing the mergers
that made these two monoliths.